Today I was just doing what I usually do, most of which is wool gathering, when I had an epiphany- most of my idle thoughts focused on one thing and only one thing, which is- how must unsatisfied I am with myself. I always admire traits of other women, be it small things like clothes, accessories, hair, to big things like personality, career, family. In total, I feel that if compared, I will always fall short. I get tired of constantly trying to change myself, my hair, my smile, my skin, dresses, walk, everything, thinking about whether I measure up to the benchmarks. But why should I not be happy with what god has gifted me with? And who gets to decide about the benchmarks? Always trying to change oneself is not a healthy attitude and denotes lack of self confidence. And here I thought I was mature enough to be confident! So what does a woman wants out of her life? Why is she constantly trying to mold herself to standards decided by others? Whereas, the truth is, you are a benchmark for some other woman too. Someone out there might feel that how lucky you are to have so many good things happening in your life. So, chin up gals, each one of us is unique, in our own ways. And all we have to do is identify what those things are, be proud of them and encash it to the fullest. Walk like you own the Terra, smile your Monalisa smile, flaunt your uniqueness, because you are beautiful, and no other person can take your place. You are unique, you are YOU!!

No comments:
Post a Comment